• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Memorial Moab Trip

2INSANE

On Sunday the 21st we left Montana early morning and camped at Willard Basin.

On Monday we arrived at Moab and had a night on the town.

Tuesday we hit Fins and Things and Hells Revenge. I almost rolled it on Hells Gate and Got the rear bumper stuck into the sandstone preventing me from performing the Moab Bump to make it up Mickey’s Hottub. One of the newer batteries died and I replaced it after the trail was high was still under warranty.

Wednesday we did a very long day up Chicken Corners trail and explored the area.

Thursday the wife and stepdaughter stayed at the Motel while I drove solo on 7 Mile Rim trail. I later picked the girls up and we did Long Canyon in the afternoon and hunted down many petroglyphs.

Friday I was once again alone on the Metal Masher trail. The Brake Master cylinder failed and I safely conquered the trail with only 10% brake pressure.

Saturday we drove to SLC to get a Brake Master cylinder at Autozone and I swapped it out in the parking lot.

Sunday we got home around noon. It was a fun trip!

Attachments

406Matt

Looks like a sweet trip. You mentioned you're from Montana? My wife and I live in the Missouri headwaters. Any recommendations for trails in MT? We just purchased a humvee and are excited to get after it!

2INSANE

Looks like a sweet trip. You mentioned you're from Montana? My wife and I live in the Missouri headwaters. Any recommendations for trails in MT? We just purchased a humvee and are excited to get after it!
I live not far from you. I have a lot of trails locally in mind that you would enjoy! Send me your number in PM and we can go hit up a trail this next weekend!

406Matt

Dude I'm brand new today. Apparently I can't pm without the man checking up on me.

I picked up my new rig in Pasco, WA on Friday. It runs but it needs some love. Will be a minute before it's ready to rip. Plus I'm waiting on an sf-97 and all that jazz.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks