• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Mod. Pic's

tklm539

I figured, I have picked enough peoples brains for info in the last several months that the least I could do for all the help is post a few pictures of the changes.

I got it from ARMADA in outstanding condition. Like most things, I had to make it "mine" none the less. (ARMADA, notice it is wet, still washing daily)

I added:

4:11 Gears and 35x12.5 r15 wheels- 20mpg and some power to boot!
Spotlight
IR and Fog lights
Antenna and bases
Manuvers Training Center Decals
Rec. Hitch
Core Heater
Warn Premium Lockouts

Thanks all for your help.

Tom

Attachments

Mike_Pop

RE: M1009 Mod. Pic

Nice looking truck. Not much rust? I have a Code 3 MX7000 light bar for sale if you are interested. It's the same as Mike Maynard's but with red lenses.

tklm539

Mike,

No rust at all!! Came from northern MI. Must have been kept inside.

I saw your light bar listed. I want to add one but lack the funds at this time!! (new tires killed the account!)
Tom

FrankUSMC

What are the two red lights on the front bumper? I have one on the front of my M35A1, and was clue less to what it is or why it was there. The one I have looks just like the two you got. The light I have is also mounted on the bumper, right in the middle. Also, I just got this M35A1 from GL and the batteries are dead, is the lights hooked up to the regular light harness, I do not see any extra switches in the cab that could turn them on.
Thanks for any help.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Frank,

The red light is the infra red headlight.

tklm,

Nice ride. Gotta love em. Are you using it as a daily driver?

I just got the while lights from a 113 the other day and am adding those to mine in addition to the IR lights.

tklm539

Medlog,

Yea, its a daily driver.. In some ways I hate to do it, but that is what I got it for. I still have to hook up the lights. Its next on the project list.

Thanks for your help.

Tom

mangus580

Re: RE: M1009 Mod. Pic

Mike_Pop said:
Nice looking truck. Not much rust? I have a Code 3 MX7000 light bar for sale if you are interested. It's the same as Mike Maynard's but with red lenses.
Actually mine is not an MX... I never had the $$ to buy one that nice :)

tklm539

AJM,

PM sent... sorry, sent one prior, not sure why it did not get to you.

Thanks...

The tires made a hell of a difference and the steering stop turned out not to be an issue.

Tom

tklm539

Yea.... the chrome is the first thing to go as soon as it warms up enough to paint.

The truck has 2"lift. Springs in the front and blocks in the rear. Oddly enough the MPG was around 15-16 mpg with 32"tires and 3.08 gears.

I switched to the 4.11 gears and 32" tires and I can say the motor was not happy. RPM's seemed very high and MPG was VERY low. When I bumped to the 35" tires, they are more aggressive and 1" wider than the 32"s but the mpg is now just around 19.5-20.0.

I do not drive on the highway much so it is not a problem. If I keep the speed now at 55-60 the rpm's are not two different that they would be stock at 65-70. In addition, no more motor lag!
Tom

ida34

Newer spot lights on Police cars have been coming black since around 1998. You might want to grab one if you can. Then you do not have to worry about the paint coming off. The handle is also rubber wrapped and a lot easier to manipulate.

tklm539

Yea, that stung a good bit....

I was half hoping that you did not look at the pictures an have to see it.

It was the only way I could get the tires in and not have to lift the truck further.

Lost an 1.5 -2" on each side. Sucked doing it, but I needed the bigger wheels for the 4.11 gears and the gears for towing, so there was a plan.

Think of it as corrective surgery.... rather than chop job. It made me feel better.
Tom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks