• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Need Help URGENT

Scottsman

Hello all, Acquired my m1009 in February and has run like a top since. However, on Thursday ran into a problem. The Power Steering Mounting Bracket broke. I have been looking everywhere I can think of including salvage yards and have found nothing. Does anybody have a spare Power Steering Mounting Bracket I can purchase for the M1009 CUCV 1986 K5 Blazer 6.2 Diesel? Or can anybody refer me to a supplier who has one? I need to get this back on the road ASAP. My last option is to weld it back together but I am certain the integrity of the metal will be compromised and it'll just break again, and probably at the worst possible time. Thank you.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please reserve the URGENT thread titles for on the road breakdowns.

Have you tried Eastern Surplus?

A simple search for "M1009" in the classifieds, will yield an M1009 being parted out in NY by Lancerobson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boy_Who_Cried_Wolf

Last edited:

Rthomas

You can check at the GM dealership, or go to a junkyard. I have checked online and couldn't find one. You could also go to a machine shop and they could make one.

Scottsman

Toby, Yes, I believe so. The Power Steering pump mounting bracket. Just to clarify, once the mounting bracket broke the pulley/wheel engaging the belt became loose and spun off. The pulley/wheel driven by the belt is connected to the pump, the pump connected to the mounting bracket, the mounting bracket connected to the engine block. As you can see, i'm a novice.

Scottsman

Doghead, btw, i just noticed your comment on your post reply to me...was not crying wolf. The problem has left me in a fix as I use that truck for much of the hauling work I do and it is a primary source of transport. This went out while I was on the road and luckily I was close to home. I am also waiting for the gov to ok my EUC for a M101A1. I bought it from GL on Feb 4th so it should be coming through any time. Without the M1009 I will have no means to get it. Although I'm not stuck on the road somewhere, it is an urgent I get this resolved quickly. Otherwise, thank you for your response and I appreciate your suggestion.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Twright is a persons username here on SS. He is suggesting you send him a private message(PM).

Eastern Surplus is near Philadelphia Pa.

I was only suggesting that if everyone felt that their needs were an emergency, the readers will not take them all so seriously. In the past and until we change the site, the use of Bold and Urgent titles needs to be reserved for true Break Down Emergencys.(ie. stuck on the road and need help now)

Scottsman

This makes perfect sense and I agree wholeheartedly. I am rather new to your forum and in no way meant to misrepresent my position. The use of the word urgent is noted. Thank you again for your assistance. scott ingalls