• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 needs Help

Nick m1009

Last edited:

91W350

The engine swap will be pretty straight forward as all of your accessories will bolt right on and the 6.5 was the next step up from the 6.2. Just use your 6.2 parts, except for the turbo part of the 6.5.

The back window you are looking for should be available from civilian Blazers. I am not sure what it takes to convert to electric, but since it was an option and they use the same sheet metal, it should also be pretty straight forward.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to put in one of these 4x4 engines,SUV engines,performance engines,fleet vehicle engines,4x4 diesel engines for sale,used school bus engine,truck,ups truck,delivery truck engine,performance engine,swap your engine with the General Motors 6.5 diesel engines. into it and I need to know what i need for a job like this And redoing my back window want to make it automatic what am I looking for
If anyone has info or wisdom to help me out I would be looking forward to hear from you.

First off you might want to consider changing the colors of your posts. Very hard to read.

So which engine are you looking at? the 6.5 N/A? Turbo? Short block? Long Block?

To many unknowns to help with a decision. But anything is possible with the right amount of cash.

The windows can be found in the civvy blazers and suburbans

Barrman

You would probably be better off swapping tail gates instead of making the electric parts work in yours. I looked at a few civi Blazers over the weekend trying to get some slider windows. All 5 had electric rear glass. The guy didn't even know they made a hand crank glass. He wanted to look at mine because he had never seen one before. Swap tail gates and wire it up.

Joe is correct about the engine. Need more information before we can help.

markg

The windows can be found in the civvy blazers and suburbans
suburban glass is different than blazer and they will not interchange.

i have put all the electric stuff in a manual tailgate and it worked fine. i bypassed the safety switches so the window could be open when the tailgate is down

rnd-motorsports

If you use a turbo you will want an IP from a turbo not the stock 6.2 Ip will work but turbo IP better dif cal. and the electric window parts take about 2 hr. to put in and wire up not real bad job have to change all the inners of the tailgate so as stated if you can get a tailgate with it in already and its good (that being the catch) use it then its just a few wires to run and a switch in the dash get the corect switch also!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks