• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 New IP, now won’t turn over

Skinny

Seems like 24v genuine Delco Remy starters are under $120 all day long on fleebay.

I would highly recommend an end an alternative to cranking the engine to prime the fuel system. It is only going to kill batts and starters. Invest in a nice manual prime fuel filter setup to avoid this.

marand9199

Skinny:

I'm all for a manual prime, just not sure how to go about it. I saw your thread about the FM100 spin-on filter upgrade and plan on doing that after I figure out this timing issue on the IP. One problem at a time, if you know what I mean.

I have no problems priming a new filter but what's the trick to priming the injector lines?
If I hook the priming pump to the fuel filter exit line going to the IP will that pump fuel through the IP to the injectors with injector lines cracked open a little? Or is there some other location I should be hooking the pump to?

marand9199

2-1/2 months later and the truck is running again...finally!

Whoever did maintenance on her before me has never heard of Loc-tite. I have found different size bolts connecting the torque converter of which 5 of the 6 were loose. The starter had a 12 volts solenoid. The transmission bell-housing mounting bolts were loose. Then to top it all off, my new IP was sent out with a 24 volt solenoid in it which I believe is why I was having problems priming the injector lines. You learn a lot working on these green machines.

Thanks to all for the advise, this is a great place to tap the experience of others that have gone before us. I'm sure I'll be back again!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks