• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 no low beams!

Pawnshop

The other night I started my M1009 and was warming it up with the lights on and the headlights flickered and went off! The park lights stayed and the high beams came on when I asked them to, the low beams came on when I switched back down but did not stay on and now they won't come on at all. Both bulbs lost the low beams at the same time which leads me to think I have a bad switch or relay somewhere. This truck is a daily driver and I drive lights on always, the bulbs are fairly new Sylvania units so I don't think old or dormant equipment is the issue. Where do I start looking?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was a little hot for the high beams this weekend. Well, I guess it did cool down in the evening. Maybe the heat was what caused the difficulties in the 1028 too :)

Barrman

Same, check the fuse panel for any loose fuses. Then check above the column for the actual hi beam switch. Make sure the plug is secure. If that doesn't work, pull the plug and hot wire the lights to verify the problem is there and not under the hood somewhere. Brown is power in, yellow is low beam and green is the hi. I think on the yellow and green. That could be off. Brown is power in though.

Mark had this happen in his 1010 last fall. It was the fuse on the panel loose if I remember what happened right.

Barrman

Oh and I don't want to see any of the hi beams you guys are talking about at Temple next week from anybody. Except of course, the Heinikan girls like every year at Temple.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mark had this happen in his 1010 last fall. It was the fuse on the panel loose if I remember what happened right.
It's a good thing other people remember things that happen to me since I can't seem to (at least until you mentioned it). Rory had to remind me he had TWO of my old 1009s cause I only remembered one and then he had to point out which one he got first.

I still can't remember if it was a loose fuse or a blown one but it definitely was a fuse issue.

Pawnshop

I assumed it was not a blown fuse because they came back on briefly, but a loose fuse would make sense, will check that too. THANKS!

I will have to find a photo of Rory with a Heiniken Girl, standby...

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will have to find a photo of Rory with a Heiniken Girl, standby...
I liked the photos, gave me the perspective I missed while leaning down from the M813 cab.... :shock:

Hey Mark, um, I already paid you for the generator, and where is the $10k I loaned you?? :whistle:

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks