• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Oil pan gasket replacement

Jetnoise400

Hi Gang,

I'm about to change the oil pan gasket on my M1009. It seems the 20+ tubes of silicone sealer that Soldier 1 put on the pan has finally given up. :lol:

I've got the TM, the gasket, sealer, etc. and I THINK I'm ready to tear into it.

It appears that the TM suggests that on my '86, they did away with the cork gasket, and I only need to install the rubber "U" shaped one at the rear with some form a gasket in place of the cork bits. NAPA sold me the kit with both, so I figure I'm covered either way.

I've done this with other engines on the stand, but never in the truck. Any of you "been there, done that" types have any words of wisdom hard won from experience that might be of value before I start out on my little adventure?

Thanks!

mangus580

Fnd a Lift :) Thats how I did mine, and even then it was a PITA. I will say having a cordless drill with the adapter for the socket, sure saves time :)

Jetnoise400

Thanks Mike,

The Drill I have, in fact, I've even got an air ratchet. But I am a little short on lifts, so I'll be on creeper duty unfortunately. Hope it doesn't take me more than a day to do at my usual snail's pace....

Thanks,!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks