• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 on the way.

Roboskid

WooHoo second post for me. Anyway I found an M1009. A Texas A&M student was selling it to pay for his tuition. Talk about meant to be short story to follow:

My son Nicholas and I were always talking how we were going to buy 2 M1009s. One to restore and one to play around with. That kid loved 4X4s and anything military. Nick joined the Marines and his MOS was Crash/Fire Rescue. I don't know the Marine MOS designation number. He was stationed in Hawaii and did his 4 year term and got out. His plan was to use his GI Bill to go to college.

Not all plans work out. Much to my despair Nick was killed in a motorcycle accident in September. He went out doing what he loved riding his bike. Well I wasn't gonna let our dreams fall through and found an M1009.

Talk about meant to be...The college kid's name is "Nicholas" same as my son's. He goes to A&M my son's favorite school and where he wanted to graduate from. I paid what the kid was asking for the M1009, no haggling by me. The kid is paying his own way through college and he needed the money. Nick would love that.

Anyway due to work issues I can't pick it up till next Saturday. Here is the ad info the kid posted and the pic in the ad. I will post more pics once I have the truck in hand.

This strong 6.2L diesel runs clean and efficiently. The automatic transmission shifts smoothly and the 4x4 works great. Batteries are less than a year old, freshly rebuilt alternators, soundproofing and carpet installed, and many recites for routine maintenance. With 69,000 miles, tries with lots of tread left, and current tags this truck is ready to work or play. Great for the ranch or hunting lease. I am selling to pay for school tuition.

Attachments

bchesley

I actually saw that listing on Craigslist. I am north of you in Tyler and often search southern east Texas ads just for kicks. It looks like a nice rig. Congrats on the purchase.

unaffiliated

I am sorry for your loss, however, I do believe the good Lord works in mysterious ways. Looks like He sent this truck your way so that you could fulfill your son's dreams. It is probably not just a coincidence that the kid's name was also Nicholas. Good luck with the new '09.

mikelee

Welcome, Sorry to here about the loss of your son. You will find a lot of info here and great group of folks willing to help. Looks to be a nice truck. Send in some more pics when you get it.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck looks good Sid!
Enjoyed the chat yesterday, and I'll look forward to seeing you and the 1009 Saturday.

Cheers

SPCWarning

Congrats on the score! Thanks for sharing your story too. Yep, it looks like the CUCV was intended to be yours. God does work things out for us all. I also am sorry to hear of your loss. Keep us posted here on your project with pics!
Jimmy

Roboskid

Thanks for all the words of encouragement and sympathy everyone. I am stoked can't wait till next weekend when I pick it up. I will keep this post updated with pics. I have never join a forum community where the members were so welcoming and helpful Steel Soldiers rocks!

OL AG '89

Robo,

Great looking truck!
I am also sorry for your loss, but rest assured, your son is smiling down upon you!
Being an A&M grad, I know how tight money can be to get a GREAT education like A&M offers!

Now you need to go to the rally site and prepare to join the rest of us next spring for the rally in B/CS at the BVORR. You'll meet a great group of O.D. addicts and have a little fun a well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks