• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Parking lamp/turn signal socket.

CycleJay

Hi guys,
Anyone know where I can get a parking lamp/turn signal socket for the
passenger side, front end of a M1009?
Mine needs to be replaced, the contacts in the socket broke off..

Atlanta area preferred so I can get it right away, and fix it right away.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you...

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Autozone, Advanced, Pep Boys, any parts house will have it in the electrical section.

You will have to splice the new one in.

CV1073

can somebody tell me the dimension of the light? I am asking because it seems that there may be a requirement for new, road compliant turn signal housing/visibility or whatever they look for (there have been issue with the headlight also) so, when the time come I want to be ready for the inspection. I mean, I need to know the size to check if I can find an aftermarket assembly that is compliant (if I find what it have to be compliant with that is as hard as the sizing of the light itself).
I checked in the TM with no luck, I did the same in online auto store.. if you can help me, thanks
BTW excuse me if I hacked this thread but I tought it was better than starting a new one imho
Ciao

CV

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You want the bulb size or the dimensions of the lens?

CV1073

You want the bulb size or the dimensions of the lens?
Sir I am looking for the size of the complete assmebly: I would like to check if there is any particular assembly (I mean with any given specs) that the Inspection will look for: the actual owner of the CUCV have been rejected because he had some aftermarket headlight and then he changed those and got the plate. from my understanding last time they have not checked the turnlight (parking light are not a requirement so I am not concerned by that) and I would like to know if I will have any issue on that, please understand that, if you change any lighting of the car you may have it seized or, at the inspection, they may render it non-street legal (honestly I have heard many episode like that but never for turn signal.. but better be safe then sorry)

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you post a picture of your lights?

Maybe we can simply identify them as stock.

CV1073

Can you post a picture of your lights?

Maybe we can simply identify them as stock.
yes Sir, they are the stock ones. I don't have the pics because I don't have signed for the CUCV m1009 already (and I would like ot check this and other things before doing anything else since I will have the inspection upon registering the property transfer of the car)

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not understand, if they are stock, why do you need to be concerned?

CV1073

Excuse me Sir. As you can imagine english is not my mother language so, many time, it is difficult for me to express my toughts properly.

I will try to take this story as short as I can:

When the CUCV have been first inspected the standard light didn't pass, the reason is that they was not in the list of the acceptable light (don't ask me why, I hae no idea)

EDIT (I checked the mail I exchanged with him): The actual owner instlled the most powerfull H6054 light he found but they was not standard so it has to "downgrade" to something different (for sure less powerfull but he don't rememebr other).

The inspector gave to the actual owner a list of light that was acceptable, he did the swap (the bulb?) and the inspection was passed.

Now, since there have been update on the law the owner said to me: "headlight are ok, I don't know about parking/turnsignal light"
This is why I am looking to find what is the assembly. size+output&power of the buld/emitter is what they are looking for (data I mean)
and I will have to pas the inspection when will ask for the plate for my car at the act of registering it.
as far as I know the OEM item is this one:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa...3rzZ8iir8?itemIdentifier=123192_315221_12551_

but I cannot find any extra info on it: OEM bulb (power) and size

I am not even sure that they will really check it but, again, I want to be sure

Hope this time I have been better in writing my concern. Thanks and please forgive me if you can

CV

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your welcome

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks