• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Pics!

TyJustice

Just installed a Skyjacker 2.5 lift and 33/12.50 MTZ's. Took her out today to test and to have a little fun, here are some photo's. Enjoy!

Attachments

jw4x4

Looks like great articulation with the front sway bar removed. How are the road manners? When I lifted mine, I forgot to order the drop brackets for the bar. It drove ok, but is far better with the bar installed. I think a quick disconnect would be the best of both worlds.

TyJustice

Thanks.... I have been watching this site since last Dec. and finally decided to purchase my first 2 M1009's at the end of Jan.. I built this one up for a hunting/trail rig and kept the other one stock for road trips and running around town.

You guys have been a tremendous resource to me as I decided to purchase these MV's, and I probably wouldn't have done it, if it wasn't for this site.

Keep up the good work,

Ty

TyJustice

I just removed the sway bars...Handles fine on the highway, went 65-70 on the way home and felt soild. But around town at 35-45 making turns can get a little SPORTY! They make a sway bar drop down bracket and I'm probably get that and attach some disconnects. Would make me feel more comfortable if I ever let somebody borrow it.

TyJustice

Oh Yeah.....With the sway bar removed...When you start showing off to a friend, showing him how flexy your new M1009 is..:grin:

Yeah forgot that IT.......just ruined my $150.00 alignment!:twisted::cry::roll:

mangus580

Looks like great articulation with the front sway bar removed. How are the road manners? When I lifted mine, I forgot to order the drop brackets for the bar. It drove ok, but is far better with the bar installed. I think a quick disconnect would be the best of both worlds.
When I bought mine, it was missing the swaybar... took me almost a year before I realized it!

TyJustice

Thank you, I'm real happy with the looks and performance from that lift height and tire size. I wouldn't be affraid to take it on any trails in colorado, and I'm sure it would do well in Moab.

Wolf.Dose

What year is your CD10516 (model designation)? Did you check for rust. Cab mounts are sensitive to that as well as b-pillar connectings to the floor and front seat seat belt ancorrages areas due to poor or incorrect application of rust protection sealings.
Try to keep it, I had to scrap mine after 16 years of ownership and more than 200000 miles due to rust problems.
Wolf

TyJustice

The lift came with the the shocks and pitman arm from skyjacker and it was right at 785.00/tax included. Had the lift installed by a friend and myself at his shop and gave him cash on the side for his help.

Rust looks to be ok...Picked up this 1009 out of Kansas, so rust really wasn't an issue. Some at the normal areas for this year and make on the fender wells. I think it kinda adds a little character though! ;-)

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TyJustice,

Great looking M1009.

Now all you need to do is join OUR local MV collectors of Colorado club. Dues are $30 a year (I think that's what it is).

We will be rolling 30 trucks in the Denver St. Patty day's parade next weekend.

IF you wanted to participate you need to contact me ASAP. I'll put you in touch with our President. I think we've had one or two trucks drop out so there might be a slot or two open.

I own a M1009 and will be there, assuming I get my new alternators installed (thx Mike @ OD Iron). Past that, it's a grand time and we gather at Brooklyns bar/resturant near Mile High after the parade. Nothing like rolling a column of green iron past 250 THOUSAND viewers...

Contact me via PM or an email.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks