• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 popping the main light fuse

Keith_J

How easy does that fuse (the one that keeps blowing) go into the block? Even clean contacts can have high resistance if the spring tension is weak. They need to fit tight, so tight they are hard to pull bare handed.

If the resistance of the contact is high enough, it will overheat the fuse and cause it to blow. This can be seen in the blown fuse as the break will be on the bad side, not in the middle of the fuse element.

Dead shorts in a circuit tend to blow a wider gap in the fuse than slight overloads.

Okie Cowboy

It's in there good it gets it right in the middle burns it black. I can hear it snap when I hit the switch. I'm thinking of changing my light plugs. What's the best way to get at the front side markers?

Keith_J

Everything unscrews. Front light bezels are attached with 4 screws, two through radiator support, two exposed. Torx screws. Side markers are attached with two screws visible in the lens plate.

Sounds like you have a chaffed wire.

Okie Cowboy

I pulled all my lights cleaned and checked bulbs and grounds. I didn't find any bad wires at the corners any other places to look? I have a new headlight switch should I change it out could it cause the fuse to blow?
I just don't know how to find the short.

Okie Cowboy

I'm still having this problem. I've noticed that when the marker light fuse blows the GEN2 light comes on then goes off.
I have went back and rechecked all bulbs,grounds,and connections has not fixed this problem but as others. I'm back again looking for suggestions or fixes to similar issues someone may have had thank you

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks