• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Power Steering Bracket needed.

Smokingman

I actually became interested in the 1009s after visiting Steel Soldiers about another vehicle.Well we picked up our 1009 earlier this week,and you guessed it the bracket,pump and alternator are gone.Not broken,just gone.

So I need a bracket,and thus far have been unable to locate one.I have sent several emails out and even contacted some old army buddies on post.No luck yet.

If anyone has an idea to locate one or has a spare please let me know(I will pay for it).I plan on restoring this M1009 back to full original condition.

Thanks to this forum I have already replaced the starter relay,glow plug controller,brake lines,and have quarters and floor pans on the way from LMT.

I of course will get pictures up soon.I should have taken a few before I even started.I will do that in the morning.

Thanks a ton for the useful information and manuals!

OL AG '89

last resort is dealership. use the -20P or -34P to get the gm part number for the items.

Joe, I didn't read it as want ad, just someone looking for parts source.......
it's his first post, and he obviously didn't do a search for the other 100+ threads on the subject.
If he knows what part number to look for, maybe he would then post a WTB in the classifieds......

Or maybe this would be his 1st and only post...... then POOF!!!

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The bracket has been discontinued. Only option is used. Many threads talking about it and possible sources.

Last edited:

Smokingman

It took a few days to find,but I found a power steering bracket.
Parramore Surplus Company

$30.00 for the bracket
$75.00 for the pump
$10 for the pulley
$10 for shipping

He accepts paypal,and was a great gentleman to deal with.Mine shipped the same day.

Thought I would share for those still looking for a bracket.

mistaken1

It took a few days to find,but I found a power steering bracket.
Parramore Surplus Company

$30.00 for the bracket
$75.00 for the pump
$10 for the pulley
$10 for shipping

He accepts paypal,and was a great gentleman to deal with.Mine shipped the same day.

Thought I would share for those still looking for a bracket.
Yeah! You get three SS attaboys guaranteed to put you in good standing until your first ahhshoot. LOL

Seriously, thank you. Good information.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site.

And I'll add another set of atta boys as well. THAT'S what this site is all about. So now when someone searches for a power steering bracket and reads THIS thread, they will have a possible source.

Realize that parts sources come and go. So what is available now might not be a year from now.

BIG_RED

Save your old one and have it welded and beefed up...BC your new bracket will break too. (just my 2cents and bracket experience)
^ This man is right. They are not very strong for the abuse they take. Keeping all the bolts that hold them on good and tight helps them last alot longer (a loose bolt causes stress as the areas around the tight bolts get flexed back and forth with the belts rotating), but mine still broke. I reinforced it by welding a bunch of pieces of old bed frame to it and using angle steel cutoff's to reinforce the bolt hole areas. I added like 2 LBs of steel to my bracket. It hasn't broke in a year. (I did it last spring). Good luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks