• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Price Check?

XplicitMarine

Hi,

Short intro, my names Drew and I just recently wanted to buy a military vehicle and I spent alot of time in this site before but now iv decided to register and take part.

The Vehicle im buying is from a family member but I cant help but think the price is a little high. Here are all the specs and upgrades done to it.

M1009 - 1984: 5,300$

Bad
- Rocker panels are rusted almost right off.
- Rust Right thru the floor.
- Few spots of rust around the outside.

Thats the bad stuff. Since its a family member hes very nice in fixing it up and he does this for a business sells and buys military vehicles and makes them perfect. This one however was his personal vehical so it was very well taken care of.

Good
- He will fix rust in the floor
- Outside rust was fixed and its been repainted with CARC paint.
- Upgraded axes on front and rear
- Fixed to pass Safety test and E-test in Ontario (where i live)
- License Light
- Rust on Floor
(already had a pre-safety check on it, I )
- Hes going to fix the rocker panels
- Drum brakes on the back have been replaced to Disk Brakes
- Drive chain has been replaced (bent durring off-roading :D oops )
- Back Hatch Looks different See pictures.
- Work on the battery (cant remember what he said)
- Metal cut away from around the tires and added extention things (i dont know what im talking about sorry) to make room for 44inch tires
- 54,000 miles

Plus: Always able to go back and get it fixed for just the price of the parts needed.

If I remember anything I will post it, for now I can say his starting price was 6,500$ and I got him down to 5,300$. I will post pictures when i get home. Do you think its a little high priced? I read a previous post where someone said he was buying one for like 5,000$ and everyone said "ALOT HIGH".

PS: The little flap where you put gas in was taken off to make room for bigger times, gas cap is obviously still there and your still able to put gas in easy enough.

found pictures: www.underfiregaming.com/drew
ignore the lol.txt and montertruck picture which comes from this site lol.
smaller tires where on for more torque when these pictures where taken.

XplicitMarine

yes thats canadian, but currently the canadian dollar is officaly 5cents higher then US dollar.

how is butched? lol to me it looks really nice lol

Well, any time you deviate from the stock configuration, it lowers the value for some people. Others see value in mods - it's all about what you want out of the vehicle.

If you want to buy a daily driver, stay far away from this one. If you're looking for an offroad mud/snow rig, this could be a good way to jump in without having to spend the time to build something up yourself.

Needless to say, if you're wanting to collect MVs, this is not the 1009 for you.

XplicitMarine

thedeliverator, yea i dont play to be a daily driver with this or collect. I was looking for something for off-roading.

if i were to buy another m1009 i would have it upgraded in a similar fasion. im go him to drop the price, but from what I posted and the pictures what would you say is a fair price?

edit: dont want to double post, but if anyone has a m1009 for sale could you pm or post the price/info/pictures please. thanks :D

btw im not looking for a m1009 so much, but more of a m1009 build for hardcore off-roading. so i want it build for that, like the bigger tires and the brakes where changes to disk brakes for easier cleaning and changing. stuff like that.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Values are relative. Everyone is cheap. Nobody buys retail anymore, but everyone wants retail pricing for their stuff (can you blame 'em?). That means any M1009 over $4K is overpriced to many people. Value is determined by the buyer, not the seller. If no buyer thinks it's that valuable, it won't be sold. It's only worth X when it sells for X.

Collector value is typically higher than "daily driver' or "off-roading" value. You have stated your desires and should value it accordingly. If you bought a nice, clean, good running M1009 and swapped a Dana 60 and 14-bolt into it, you would probably have darn close to $5300 in it, but you can do that math for yourself. If everything gets fixed and you're happy with the price and workmanship, then it's worth it. If not, beat him up a little more on price...

Are the D60 and 14-bolt in this truck out of a M1028 or M1008? If so, the locker in the rear is nice for off-roading and if it's an M1028 front axle, the Trac-Lok limited slip up front is also very nice to have off-road. If you're wanting a mud truck, and everything gets fixed, it might not be a bad deal.

Michael

If the rust is cut out and replaced with new metal, and with the other mods, I think it is a good deal if it is what you want. The axles with disk brakes all around is worth $1500 to $2000 mounted and working. But, if the rust repair is just bondo and paint, that is a different story.

CCATLETT1984

Thats a fair price (including the listed repairs) for a m1009 that has 1ton axles (dana 60 in the front and a 14bolt in the rear)

The rear disc brakes cost ~$300 in parts to install (I did it on my truck less than a year ago)

Please take some pictures of the way the suspension is setup on the vehicle. I would like to see more pics of the front in partitcular. Especially the way that the steering box is connected to the front axle (called a drag-link).

AJMBLAZER

I'm with the last couple guys.

Assuming he's fixed/fixing the rust correctly and not just bondoing the hell out of it (no offense but I've seen it done) then that isn't a bad price at all. Not to mention you know who to go to and thump when something stupid goes wrong.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks