• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 problem

REDWOLF

Trying to figure out what is going on with my M1009. It whants to pull to the right when going down the road, it does it more when the tempertures out side are realy cold than when it is warmer. I do not think it is a break caliper sticking because it will do it way down the road after breaking. Any sugestions would be good have not had time to tear into the front end and see if i can figures this out. Thanks P.S. It will go for days without doing it and then it will do it a couple times in one day.:?

air3aws

It sounds like your right break line may have some water in if it's locking up when it's freezing outside. Have you tried to bleeding your breaks?

RedneckMilenko

Are you having any kind of sound coming from your hubs? I had the same issue after one day I was driving the heard a loud POP! and pulled over but nothing could be seen out of place. She drove well with a littlepulling every once in a wile and it got worse. Turned out I pretty much destroyed my outer bearing and inner spindle nut.

5m0k3y

Underinflated tire on right side, could be overinflation of left front, check them all to be sure, tire pressure is set at cold so if it was warm or 1 side of the vehicle was in the sun when tires were inflated, there will be pressure differential between sides. Bearing drag from bad bearings, drag from having only 1 hub locked in. The rubber brake line could be collapsed or damaged on the inside causing some pressure issues and brake drag, ive replaced calipers just to find out the hose was the problem. If tire wear is uneven it could be alignment issues or tire issues like separated belts, the rubber will act differently in different temperatures amplifying or dampening alignment problems. Mismatched tires can also cause these problems even if they are the same size due to differences in tread design and rubber.

DXTAC

Ball joint, spring, alignment, tire pressure, caliper, wheel cylinder, brake pads/shoes, steering gear, aged PS fluid, hubs or maybe old tires to mention a few possibilities. Most of which I have replaced over the years.

Good luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks