• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Rack Update

rikkitikkitavi

Ok this is where we stand,

The 3rd design is at the paint shop now. We removed all of the steel mesh, and replaced it with tube steel. We now have a Spare Tire bracket as an option and Jerry can carriers as an option, both for Mil-surp steel and Scepter cans!

The rack will require drilling your vehicle if you do not already have antenna mount points. The atenna mounts will not go back on with the rack without modifying them.

The basket will ship in two parts which will have to be bolted together by the end-user.

It will be available in CARC colors (Camo extra) or Default flat black or powder coat (extra). You can have a pink one if you want but you will have to wait until we get confirmed orders for 5 pink ones!

Antenna and light mounts are options and you will be able to choose how many and where.

We will have two units (prototype 2/3) available for discounted sale IF you are willing to pick them up in Columbus Ohio, baskets are one section and will not ship.

Pictures and pricing in the next 10-14 days

Rikki www.opensourcesurvival.com

rikkitikkitavi

Rack

Ok this is the last prototype, we are ready to go to production but need 10 to keep the price below 2k.

Features: Powdercoated Black, Two Jerrycan Carriers (Lockable), 1 Tire mount (Lockable), 4 light tabs front and two rear, two NMO antenna mounts,

This will arrive as a semi/kit form. We have to do the production baskets in two sections to get them through powdercoat. To assemble you put sections (provided) of tubing inside the structural tubing on one half, bolt it, then slide the other half over the exposed inner-tube and bolt.

Tabs will be a drill and bolt wherever you want them, Can carriers will be pre drilled and bolt into place in bottom of basket.

If you do not have all 4 antenna mts on your 1009, you WILL HAVE TO MARK AND DRILL THE BODY! There will be all sorts of "We are not responsible for your skill with a drill" legalese on every order. THe plates that mount to the body to have slots for two of the four bolts so there is some minor fubar space,

We will be including all hardware , bolts, threaded rivets for the body etc. With exception of rivets for setting the threaded rivets to keep them from spinning in the holes (We had to do this on one 1009 but not the other) there will be instructions on how to do it.

Current estimated pre shipping price is $1700.00, I am working with the builder (ISO9000 and ISO9001 armor shop) to get it down, dont know yet.

Rikki

Attachments

nattieleather

Good luck at that price..... Not trying to be a buz kill but that's a lot of bread for that product. If you have them for under 1K you'll sell them like hot cakes. I could be wrong. After all I'm nobody...just a guy that wouldn't pay that much for that item. Sorry. Good luck with it I hope I'm wrong.

CycleJay

Hi,

As good as that rack looks, and as much as I would like a rack like that for my M1009.
That amount would take me a few months to save up. Unless I sell something/s,
win the lottery, or get an unexpected big bonus at work.. (yeah right...).. Or I could
make payments.

Good night,

CJ

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Hi, Just a reminder that you can not sell and take orders from open forum, when you get the production and finial price down, you will have to do the sales along with finial price from the CLASSIFIEDS

the info to be able to post in the classifieds can be found here

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/payments.php
Classifieds Mod

Last edited:

rikkitikkitavi

Hi, Just a reminder that you can not sell and take orders from open forum, when you get the production and finial price down, you will have to do the sales along with finial price from the CLASSIFIEDS

the info to be able to post in the classifieds can be found here

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/payments.php
Classifieds Mod

PM Sent, and sorry fellas but this has come to an end, I have run out of money and patience with the fabrication firm. I have officially cancelled the whole thing.

Rikki

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Thank you for the PM, sorry things turned out like it did, looked like a useful add on for the 09 crowd

762luver

I love the idea, but I'm not willing to lose my mil spec mounts. I was hoping the final version would mount the uprights at the top of the side plates to keep the antenna mounts as is. It depends on your particular needs/wants. Good luck with the project!