• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Ready for Deployment

donalloy1

Thought you all might like this photograph.

Young Marine took this yesterday at a MAC Base, which I cannot disclose. Aircraft it is being loaded onto, destination and mission all cannot be shared.

What can be shared is that our beloved CUCV’s are still on active duty after all these years.

DMLII sends respectfully

Attachments

Last edited:

wayne pick

Up untill the beginning of last year,1008s and 1009s and an occasional 1031 could be seen running up and down RT9 from Camp Smith in Peekskill NY. Mostly M1009s though.

donalloy1

Funny that us Jarheads were still using the M151 when I was in the Corps. Loved that vehicle. Did not see an O9 till I went to Hunter Liggett for joint excersize. The Army had them but not us?

ryan77

I just saw 3 marines in a old ratty m1009 going south bound on 55 near joilet!! I was shocked to see one still in use!!

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny that us Jarheads were still using the M151 when I was in the Corps. Loved that vehicle. Did not see an O9 till I went to Hunter Liggett for joint excersize. The Army had them but not us?
I saw my first Marine M1009 while at PTA (Pohakuloa Training Area, Hawaii) in late 1984, and other bases after that. Never saw very many of them, but I got out of the Corps in late 1986.

Cheers

Thats awesome!

I've seen a couple M1008's in a few Nat. Guard/Army Reserve yards in Wisc. Never seen any 08's or 09's actually being driven on the road though (aside from one or two civilian/municipal owned ones).

GREENMV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The first time I seen and drove a M1009 and M1008 Is in 85 when we were at Ft Riley KS guarding an ammo dump In the middle of nowhere raining like cats and dogs and knee deep In mud. Oh the memories of when I cought the bug to want one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks