• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 rear axle lawsuit

cucvrus

And with all the C clip bashing I wanted to point out the clip rear axles were used in every GM rear wheel drive police car and all the Ford CVPI police cars had the same design. These vehicles are famous for 400-600K service life in the taxi business. The later model Ford C clip design had a spreader spring in the center to keep the axles pulled / pushed out into the side axle gears. I know it worked and I worked on several of these vehicles over the years and
Ford Crown Victoria Questions - Why cant I get the axle to move inward to  remove C Clip? - CarGurus
The spring system worked and it made it a bit more difficult to remove the C Clips. Good Luck with your C clips. The M1009 used as intended will last a long time.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks