• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Rear Axle Yoke

jimm1009

I need to purchase a new rear axle yoke, universal attaching straps, and universal joint. LMC Truck is back ordered for a time to be determined.
I don't dare look a the local dealer so I am asking if anyone has a good source for non-asian
manufactured replacement.
I also looked at Parts Geek but they do not have one for a 10 bolt which is what all of our US M1009's had.

Thanks in advance.
m1009jim / Jim

Last edited:

cucvrus

I have an original I can remove from a CUCV differential if that helps. Let me know. We should probably be having this conversation in a parts wanted classified ad in the Shelby County Tribune. But if I can help let me know. The U joint is a local parts store item. I do have the straps and bolts also. rengle523@comcast.net and we can exchange information. Be Safe.

Rutjes

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like Rock Auto has USA Standard Gear yokes. I believe those are ok? You could try a company like Offroad Design, but they probably carry expensive upgrade parts instead of OEM replacements.

jimm1009

It looks like the universal joint failed. I purchased a new one and it is nice and tight in the yoke.
I think that for the small cost I will order some new retention straps from the local Chevy dealer
and then when they arrive I can install the new universal and drive off into the sunset. :)
Jim

cucvrus

Don't forget the M1009 rear U Joint gets held in center with the C cap clips snapped onto the U joint caps. It will not stay centered any other way no matter how tight you make the bolts. I had the dis pleasure of removing a U joint that was welded to the yoke because the owner said it had a worn out yoke and the flanges were worn off the yoke. I did manage to salvage the yoke and fixed it with 2- 5 cent clips from a scrap U joint. Be Safe or Stay Home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks