• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 rear axle

I need to do some repair on the rear axle on my M1009. May be as little as the pinion seal and could be all new bearings and seals. Was wondering if anyone has the correct part numbers for the bearing seals replacement as well as any helpful pointers or web sites that are helpful. I'm going to open it up here pretty soon to determine the extent of the repair. It is still stock. thanks..s.g.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can get all of the original GM part numbers from the technical manuals.

You do have them, don't you?

If not you can get them for free at www.jatonkasm35s.com

Also the M1009 is just a stock 1984 Chevy K5 Blazer. Any parts house can get the hard parts (drivetrain, axles, window seals, axle seals, etc). Take them the GM number and they should be able to cross refernence them.

There are some specific items that are military only and those are found at military surplus vendors

Last edited:

NICK_M1009

Hey guy,
First off I'm not a moderator and I have no authority here on this site.. But you will get more info in the CUCV part of this site. Second as stated above the axle is not military issue, it is the same as a K5 blazer. Just my 2cents.

Good luck with that.[thumbzup]