• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Rear End Noise

Honest Bob

Hey guys my M1009 is making a ting ting ting ting noise when slowly decelerating to a stop and slowly creepng around corners from a stop. Sounds like its coming from the rear end. The rear end was replaced with a NOS axle with the govloc (I think?) by the previous owner because the govloc broke. Is it normal for the govloc to be making that noise? I was in the rear end to replace the axle seals but didnt get to drive it much before that due to other issues to know if it did it before hand.

cucvrus

Take the cover off and look. It sounds like it has an issue with the locker unit. My Sons ate them rear axle for lunch. I had 15 in crates at one time and sold and used everyone. If you are in Easton and need one give me a PM. But remove the cover and check out the magnet and the gears. New or not I think Jr could break one in 2 hours. He has since grown up and the USMC paid his damage bills for a few years. They have deep pockets. Anvils shook when he approached. Nothing was unbreakable. Report back and let us all know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks