• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Rear Seat Donor to Tired M1008 Bench

Somemedic

Can I pull the bottom of the bench out of a 1009 and drop it in my 1008? The ends of the 1008 seat currently in my pick up must ve had an elephant sit on them. The springs dont spring very much. Otherwise i will look for a regular 40/60 out of a surburban or pick up. Just seems that 1009 rear seats didnt see much action and can be procured in prisitine states.

And fwiw whats the top "comfortable" speed for putting 33's on my 1008? 45mph in current form seems tolerable but anything over that sounds risky. I dont need the torque so much but the taller meats would afford me a little more top end.

HAWKMAN

Doubt you'd get the desired results doing a swap like that, better off just being patient and trying to get the correct seat for your vehical.2cents

niferous

I have a bench seat out a 1986 Suburban that should fit. I'll even throw in the horse blanket cover. If you pay shipping I'll just give it to you.

Somemedic

I appreciate the comments gents.

55mph seems like the motor should come running thru the firewall. I'm guessing 33" meats would beb a better fit, look nicer, and give me a higher cruising speed
without trimming, building the axles, or lifting.

I'm sure with the boneyards here in the area I would be able to find the bottom cushion without dropping a gazillion for the shipping. Thankyou for the offer. Maybe I will
take it if nothing comes up in my search.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks