• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Rear Sliding Glass

Pballer71

Found some good sliding glass windows at the junk yard today. I was wondering if anyone has any advice to help with putting these into my M1009 like any special tools i should use, little tricks for reinstalling the glass, or where i should put some weatherstripping adhesive if its needed? Any thing will help

Thank you
Zach

IMG_2572.jpg

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used a length of steel cable and a lot of vaseline. The top was on the floor of the garage at the time so I was able to do it myself, but you really should have two people.

Put the rubber seal on the window
Grease it up good
Wrap the cable around so it's sitting down in the groove of the rubber seal
Set the bottom of the window seal into the hole in the cap (top? that big fiberglass thing that keeps the rain off your passengers)
While someone pushes gently from the outside, you pull the cable out of the seal, causing the seal to lip out and seal itself into place. You might need some vice grips to hold the greasy cable.

This video shows it done with rope: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvcJ_lU_VpQ