• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Rear Window Problems

EMISSARYx

My rear window crank broke and the window is about 1" down from all the way closed (up). Long ago I replaced the handle/crank assembly but now I can't figure out how to get in there. I removed the panel off on the inside. I still have the key and the lock still turns. I assume the clutch broke. I think I can see one of the bolts that goes to the crank handle (driver side) but the other bolt is behind something.

Normally what position does the window need to be in to remove the crank assembly?

Is there anyway to raise or lower the window from the inside of the truck?

My main goal is to get the window closed to keep the yellow jackets out.

Should I just drill out the lock and or crank handle assembly?

Barrman

You need the tailgate down to do it.

Open the window enough to lower the tailgate. Undo the 4 bolts that hold the glass to the arms of the regulator. Pull the glass all the way out or up enough with support to get to the fasteners holding the regulator on. Remove the regulator. Then the handle assembly is under that.

EMISSARYx

You need the tailgate down to do it.

Open the window enough to lower the tailgate. Undo the 4 bolts that hold the glass to the arms of the regulator. Pull the glass all the way out or up enough with support to get to the fasteners holding the regulator on. Remove the regulator. Then the handle assembly is under that.
Alright I will give it a try. Thank you for the reply!

Barrman

The -20 manual tells you exactly how to do it and shows the parts. The -34p manual is a better detail exploded view of all the pieces.

camarossguy2

I just rebuilt mine a few months ago, If the window is up, you should be able to get in there and access the panel. once removed, reacg around behind the regulator and undo the two 10mm or 3/8s bolts that hold on the cranks/handle. remove and replace the clutch.

cucvrus

I just rebuilt mine a few months ago, If the window is up, you should be able to get in there and access the panel. once removed, reacg around behind the regulator and undo the two 10mm or 3/8s bolts that hold on the cranks/handle. remove and replace the clutch.
Reaching behind the regulator is one move I would pay to see.

It is easy but does require the entire disassembly of the gate regulator and glass assembly. Good Luck. Be Safe and Take Care.