• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Receiver hitch pics

REDWOLF

Lets see some pics of a M1009 with a class three hitch installed on them. thinking of adding one to mine or converting my boat trailer to a pintal style. That would probly be easyer? Oh and the boat is only a 16 ft alum boat not wait problem for the blazer.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has been covered many times. Barrman just installed one using the pictures from all the old threads.

It requires slight modification to the pintle mounting hardware.

Last edited:

Midnight Rider

I think I posted up pics of my 1009. I'll try to look for my install.

I had to bend the safety loops up, the rear passenger side tie down only has one bolt through it now, and I had to remove the cross brace that the pintle attaches too.

Barrman

Here are some pictures of my install on a 1009.

The exact name/number of the hitch. Which was made for a Blazer/Suburban of the proper year.

I didn't remove the pintle hook cross brace. Instead, I removed the bottom screws, drilled holes in the reciever cross bar and installed new longer bolts in the same spot. I wanted the pintle to keep all of its stock strength.

I notched the reciever frame bracket a little to clear the stock pintle stuff. It works great. I know it isn't going to be pulling 10K, or even 5K because of the 3.08 gears. I built the hitch to fit the limits of the truck.

Attachments

Reese Brand I swapped from a 88 Blazer. Notched to clear the pintle hitch bracket/support:

View attachment 422154View attachment 422155View attachment 422156View attachment 422157[/QUOTE

] Sharp hitch set up. I'd like to do something like this to my blazer. I have and old class 3 or 4 hitch that was on our property when we bought our house. Looks like it's a bit to wide so I'm planning on cutting it down and welding it back together in the correct size and bolting it in. Might even weld the old girl in too who knows.

hunderliggur

0169420880214358a7287327cf3c2145ad09f10cfc.jpgWith two two vehicles down (M35A2 transfer case and Trailblazer valve issue) I needed something to tow my camper tomorrow. Tractor Supply had a Reese 37096 in stock. Had to drill two 1/2 holes and bend the pintle ears up (with a 20T bottle jack and a hammer) but otherwise pretty straight forward. You will need a two 1 3/4 x 1/2 carriage bolts to mount the rear of the bracket (where you have to drill the two holes). The kit included a handle fish wire that screws on the bolt to get in in the frame. BTW - PB Blaster is decent cutting oil.

M1009CUCV03

View attachment 566096With two two vehicles down (M35A2 transfer case and Trailblazer valve issue) I needed something to tow my camper tomorrow. Tractor Supply had a Reese 37096 in stock. Had to drill two 1/2 holes and bend the pintle ears up (with a 20T bottle jack and a hammer) but otherwise pretty straight forward. You will need a two 1 3/4 x 1/2 carriage bolts to mount the rear of the bracket (where you have to drill the two holes). The kit included a handle fish wire that screws on the bolt to get in in the frame. BTW - PB Blaster is decent cutting oil.
Could you get a few more pics of your install? Looking to do that on mine,Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks