• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Receiver Hitch

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are some pics, sorry about the dark I just got done moving trailers around

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386898921.575089.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386898943.674048.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386898967.508200.jpg

ssdvc

I found a user on another thread who posted a pic of a pintle/ball combo that can be bolted in exactly where the old pintle is. Any draw-backs to this? I sent him a message but no response yet. It looks sound in the pictures, just not sure if some civilian trailers would fit. If that's not going to work, I will purchase one of the brands mentioned above. Thanks, guys!
lindsaym

Just got back to CONUS, sent you a PM. After reading through all the posts, I'll add to my PM by saying I did check all the bumper mounting hardware when I installed the combo hitch to make sure all was sound. Like I said, I have hauled 2000# of hardwood flooring for over 30 miles (twice) and repeatedly hulled a 17' boat with this unit all with no issues. I always check for issues before using the hitch and to date, there is no sign of any problems or bending bumpers.

And the install looks good too. The only down side, as several folks noted, is that you are stuck with a 2" ball. I did see a combo unit a year ago that had a swappable ball on it, but I can't seem to locate it now. Sorry.

ssdvc

lindsaym,

The hitch I used is a Tow Ready, #63011. I bolted right up to where the pintle was installed. I think I paid $80.00 for it about two years ago. I hope this helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks