• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Recovery in Montgomery, Alabama

zyrtecx

Recovered a M1009 at the Alabama National Guard HQ in Montogomery, Alabama.
GL classified the vehicle as scrape.

1986 CUSTOM DELUXE UTILITY TRUCK. VIN 1G8ED1858GF147195. MODEL CD 10516. MILEAGE 94, 043. 7. PARTS MISSING. MUTILATION NOT REQUIRED.

Needs Windshield, right side door and tailgate window glass.

Did not know if it would run... Put two batteries in and checked all fluids and replace the starter relay and it started right up and runs perfect. All glow plugs good and 3/4 tank of fuel! And the vehicle has very little rust and I could not believe it, the front inner fenders have NO rust...

Just discovered that GL got the a letter wrong in the VIN number... Which I don't think will be a problem. Just hoping that I can get an SF-97.

Attachments

zyrtecx

Gave $425.00 for this M1009.... Can't use the online version to get an SF-97, so I have got the fax copies ready to fax... I don't see any reason why I could not get an SF-97.

zyrtecx

Well, I'm going to Fax in my SF97 request and maybe it will go through... If not I will just have to bond the vehicle and go that route... Don't understand why it was sold as scrape, I purchased an M1009 in Richmond and it was indeed scrape with some good parts on it... but it was not classified as scrape...

CUCV85

Well, I'm going to Fax in my SF97 request and maybe it will go through... If not I will just have to bond the vehicle and go that route... Don't understand why it was sold as scrape, I purchased an M1009 in Richmond and it was indeed scrape with some good parts on it... but it was not classified as scrape...
Try a salvage title also, Takes thirty days here to get one. The one alt. looks "new"
If you only paid $500 for it, do a bonded title...
Gave $425.00 for this M1009.... Can't use the online version to get an SF-97, so I have got the fax copies ready to fax... I don't see any reason why I could not get an SF-97.
Nice 1009! Fax the SF97 if the online version does not allow. GL wants your $$.
What was the sale number?, if it was a scrap sale, number 6000 or higher, GL won't issue an SF97. . .

Terms and Conditions for auction sales at Government Liquidation
Recovered a M1009 at the Alabama National Guard HQ in Montogomery, Alabama.
GL classified the vehicle as scrape.

1986 CUSTOM DELUXE UTILITY TRUCK. VIN 1G8ED1858GF147195. MODEL CD 10516. MILEAGE 94, 043. 7. PARTS MISSING. MUTILATION NOT REQUIRED.

Needs Windshield, right side door and tailgate window glass.

Did not know if it would run... Put two batteries in and checked all fluids and replace the starter relay and it started right up and runs perfect. All glow plugs good and 3/4 tank of fuel! And the vehicle has very little rust and I could not believe it, the front inner fenders have NO rust...

Just discovered that GL got the a letter wrong in the VIN number... Which I don't think will be a problem. Just hoping that I can get an SF-97.
:mrgreen:It'll work out one way or another Congratulations, luck wins again...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks