• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 recovery

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the $611.00 GSA M1009 today. After wrestling the M1010 on yesterday, it was a pleasant surprise to have the Forest Ranger at this site to let me blow up the tires and push the truck on the trailer with his forklift, see pics. After getting this unit home and looking it over, other than the obvious missing door, transfer case, transmission and alternators, I Have the most rustfree and dent free CUCV yet. Rolls around quite easily and is safe in the barn, out of site, to be cleaned up later. I have never seen anything this clean for this price at any GL auction in Pa. or NJ. I think I got a real diamond in the not too rough.

Attachments

AJMBLAZER

Just out of dumb curiosity did they have a story as to why the door and all the drivetrain components were missing?

Nice score though. That thing looks cleaaaaaan.

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They had a story but its almost unbelievable. Something like; It was in a shop near the River for a transmission rebuild. While it was there there was flooding, the new trans, in the wooden crate, supposedly floated away, and the M1009 was pretty muddied up from the water. So instead of fixing it, they towed it back and used the door and alts on one of their other CUCVs, or something like that. Who knows, the ambulance I bought did have its hood on one of the M1028s that was at that location. The state (Pa.) also sells some of the CUCV with a parts truck included to fire companies, townships, etc. Better than them being crushed.

AJMBLAZER

Amen.

You should see the ones the NG and government/police have around here. Nothing left to sell between the rough treatment and the rust.

Have you recieved the SF 97? I was wondering if it was marked or anything, seeing how it was listed as ***SALVAGE-NOT TO BE TITLED FOR HIGHWAY USE***. It looks like a really sharp unit, it'd be a shame if the paperwork was whacked out.

fokkerc1

M1009 Recovery

I paid $640 for my desert tan M1009. It is intact and in great shape. My first M1009 cost me a lot more, and I figure I will eventually get all the panels replaced. It is a rust bucket.

Melvinitis

RE: M1009 Recovery

Talk about rust and what is being done to CUCVs. The WI guard is turning in all their CUCVs. Don't bid unless you see it in person, talk about rust, and canabalization... they are in rough rough shape. Interesting aside, a lot that I have seen have KFOR on the doors... so you could get somthing with some history, but be ready to do some serious work on em.

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: M1009 Recovery

IT LIVES! Today, 6/11/08, three good things happened all at once. I sold the M1031 (M1028a1) that I've been trying to sell, fellow picked it up and was driving it to upstate NY. Got the local body man to promise to put a driver's rocker , pillar and floor in the K30 dually that I used the M1010 frame from, and finally finished the starter, wiring, etc, and fired up the M1009, first try! Runs and moves under its own power on a trans and transfer case I got over the winter from a donor M1009 at Harry's in Hazleton. As for the title, the state of Pa. still hasn't issued one even though GSA got me the SF97s before I picked up the truck. 3 of 4 isn't bad though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks