• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Restoration

CUCVSRK

I was not sure where to post this thread so let if there is somewhere else I should post it and I'll post it there.

I do not have any pics of the truck when we started the restoration but I thought I would start a build thread

It is a 1984 M1009 it has a new CARC 383 camouflage paint scheme, Interior is bed lined, new wiper motor, new blinker relay, new horn, new brake pads, new break peddle, and the engine and transmission was rebuilt by the US army. We (my dad and I) are currently installing new black out lights, as well as new seals.

List of things to do:
Antenna tie down (open to suggestions)
Battery hold downs
License plate mount and light (open to suggestions)
New rear window regulator
Unit markings
Jack mount
New upholstery for the seats front and rear
New door panels (black)
New blinkers
31x10.5 or 32x11.5 BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM2 Tires
I will probably come up with more as I think about it

Attachments

Last edited:

CUCVSRK

TBH the bed-liner was there when I bought the truck. But it matches really well I'll get some pictures of the bed-liner next to the paint when I get the chance. I will try to find out for you.

CUCVSRK

Sorry about all the misspellings It was really late and I had been studying for a test for 5 1/2 hours

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No worries - could be worse. I love those guys who advertise that the truck they are selling comes with a 12,000-lb WENCH. I should call one of those guys up and say, "how much is the truck WITHOUT your wife?"

Last edited:

CUCVSRK

Maddawg308 that is hilarious!

Thundercracker that's cool I am usually not a fan of the M1009's painted all green but yours looks really good.

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good looking truck, if it has not been done, I would highly recommend that you do a Doghead Mod on the starter relay. (see thread on SS) It will save you money and grief down the road.

Mac

CUCVSRK

Thanks for the complements guys, Gunnermac I will look into that. I installed a new shift indicator because it broke when I was installing the speedometer cable lol and got the new splash guards in last night.

CUCVSRK

I got the door panels in then I got the antenna tie-down on I'll get up some pics this afternoon but its now time to replace the starter