• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Restoration

CUCVSRK

it has really slowed down but I sent it to a mechanic to do the rear main engine seal and the transfer case gasket as well as some wiper problems that are to be dealt with

CUCVSRK

I don't know if anybody still looks at this thread but I took the truck to a mechanic for the rear main engine seal and he said the the last guy who put it in (probably a kid in the army) had put it in backwards! He is also going to try to wrk out some eletrical problems that are beyond me.

CUCVSRK

Went down to the store the other day and picked up some new silverstar headlightsImageUploadedByTapatalk1373415134.271651.jpg
New one is on the left
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373415191.803748.jpg

And two days ago I got some new park lights
New one is on the right
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373415312.355756.jpg

Today the mail man came and gave me some new headlight bezels and the passenger side lower vent
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373415571.414960.jpg

rsh4364

Good looking truck, if it has not been done, I would highly recommend that you do a Doghead Mod on the starter relay. (see thread on SS) It will save you money and grief down the road.

Mac
Do the starter relay mod asap,it would have saved me a lot of grief if I had known about this upgrade,my 1009 had a brand new starter in it and one day I slammed the door and my starter engaged by itself and fried my wireing harness and new starter,also do the headlight harness upgrade,your truck looks great, keep up the good work! Look at 33-10.5x15 tires also..

CUCVSRK

Sorry gents for the supa slow reply been real busy (High school) I'll try to be more on top of it. The Silver Stars are Noticeably brighter BUT even the ones on my civi Jeep are brighter than the Silver Stars on the M1009. RSH4364, is that the doghead relay mod you are talking about? If so then I have done it, but my starter has gone out twice in the last 6 month is this normal?

NOW my rear axle seal is leaking diff fluid! How hard is it to replace that seal?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks