• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 roll cage & rock slider build

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
cage day_1.jpgThe other thread pretty much ran it's course, so am starting another with the mechanics of the roll cage build. I'm liking that it's a custom fit to my truck rather than a pre-fab one size fits all. Though I would certainly take that over nothing. Here is Day 1 progress. Its 1-3/4 inch by 0.120 inch wall DOM tubing.

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
rearward mounting configuration.jpg
Rearward brace mounting configuration. Original design was to top of rear wheel weels, but I may want to remove those someday. So picked up the body mounts instead. Recall this is a brace, not the main load bearing element.

Last edited:

Ilikemtb999

Why did you decide to not include a rear seat? I’ve seen plenty of rock crawlers/buggies/off-roaders with cages that have room for a rear seat and passengers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks