• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Rubber Antenna Grommet

I know this has been posted several times before but my question is different. I have done advanced searches and nothing came up for measurements. Can someone that has one of the original grommets give some of us measurements? Both of my grommets are destroyed from dry rot and years in the sun and just crumble away.

Here is what I need:

Inside Diameter (A)
Outside Diameter (B)
Over All Thickness (C)
Panel Thickness (D)
Panel Hole Diameter (E)

Thanks for any help! I know several of us need this.

Attachments

Firejareen

I have a couple new in the package for when I get around to running cable.
The NSN is 5325-01-163-5974
The GM part number is GR.9.647-75G5 or 1#15599990-GROM

Looking at the directions for the installation of the antenna bracket the hole in the truck top is 1.187". The dia of the grommet is about 1.5", with a thickness of about 7/8", the channel in the middle is roughly 5/8" and the hole in the grommet is 5/8". I hope that helps. I was using a 12 inch ruler since I don't have anything more scientific handy.

86M10086.2L

Another option, if originality is not a concern. Is the metal plugs used in circuit breaker boxes/fuse panels. That's what came on my M1009 when I got it. I will however switch over to proper grommets when I get my Antenna set up. However there is no reason I couldn't continue using those also.

stationjj

I took the part numbers and found a company called wbparts. https://www.wbparts.com

Create an account so you may request a quote (RFQ)

Search for Part number 5325-01-230-1844

Seems this grommet is also used in the aircraft industry? As wbparts is a aerospace parts supplier.

stationjj

stationjj

Yes, it will interesting to see the price and if they can still get them?

In the email I told many other owners would be interested in the grommets if he can supply them?

John

CycleJay

StationJJ,

I am not surprised, it is an aircraft parts supplier, that usually deals with big contracts from big customers.
So they probably get away with charging that kind of price per item.

I am sure we can find it cheaper from a surplus dealer, like Saturn, or ebay.

Just my $0.02 cents...

stationjj

My quote for 6 grommets was $336.48. 4 for my truck and a few spares.

I get the feeling this part is very hard to find. The sales person told me they only had 20 of these grommets that's it.

CJ, has a good point.

stationjj

CycleJay

StationJJ,

Thank you. I thought I made a good point too.

But for this company that makes these grommets to say the are hard to find, and they only had 20 of them?

I think that is hard to believe, the probably crank out parts like this by the thousands of course.
So they probably have 20 indeed, but more like 20,000, or 20,000 cases, etc... But 20, yeah right.

Sales people only say stuff like that, so they can try to convince you to buy them, before they allegedly disappear.

Anyway, since I am in my right mind, I am not going to pay $56.xx for a grommet!! That is ridiculous...
I will pay more like $5.xx. Maybe even $15.00, etc. but NOT $56.xx for one small grommet.. LOL

Just my $0.02 cents...

stationjj

CJ,

This company doesn't make the grommets. Sorry I wasn't clear on this with my previous post. They are only a distributor. CJ as you quoted earlier the company works mostly with large government contracts.
The government has no problem with a $56 rubber grommet.

Can anyone find a better price or supplier?

stationjj

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks