• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Rubber Antenna Grommet

jpg

On my M1010, I'm going through one layer of steel, in the lower rear corner of the cab, on the passenger side. This looked about right to me, but perhaps I measured poorly. Is the steel really thicker than 1/16 there? Or perhaps the M1009 hole goes through more layers?

As I measure it, B is just big enough to accommodate one layer of the painted sheet steel used in my cab. I wasn't too worried about E. I mainly cared about B, C, and (A-C)/2, which is the thickness of the rubber between my wires and the steel. That's 5/16", which seems adequate. When it arrives, I'll post pictures.
grommetHole.jpg
This plug feeds things like battery maintainer/charger, a portable jump starter, and perhaps eventually a block heater.

Last edited:

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On my M1010, I'm going through one layer of steel, in the lower rear corner of the cab, on the passenger side. This looked about right to me, but perhaps I measured poorly. Is the steel really thicker than 1/16 there? Or perhaps the M1009 hole goes through more layers?

As I measure it, B is just big enough to accommodate one layer of the painted sheet steel used in my cab. I wasn't too worried about E. I mainly cared about B, C, and (A-C)/2, which is the thickness of the rubber between my wires and the steel. That's 5/16", which seems adequate. When it arrives, I'll post pictures.
The Thread title was M1009 Rubber Antenna Grommet so I assumed you were talking about the grommet that enters the blazer fiberglass top"1/2"+-. For your application it should be fine.

jpg

The Thread title was M1009 Rubber Antenna Grommet so I assumed you were talking about the grommet that enters the blazer fiberglass top"1/2"+-. For your application it should be fine.
I didn't realize they were different. Sorry I posted in the wrong thread. They have lots of other grommet sizes. Perhaps they also have what you need.

Sardot1

Not OEM, or even a real grommet, but I used rubber furniture leg tips purchased at Home Depot for about $1.50 each.

The ones I used have a little bit of a lip on them so they fit in the hole perfectly without pushing through. I think they are the 19mm size, but I dont remember for sure.

Affixed with the same weather strip adhesive used on the shell.

I'm happy with the result, and the cost, and they would probably work just fine if I wanted to run a cable thru them.
I suppose I could have cut two of them down and made the inside look the same, but I wasn't too concerned with the inside appearance.

grommet.jpg

grommet2.jpg

ssdvc

For the M1009 Cap I went to Ace Hardware and purchased 4 3/4" rubber plugs. I used some 3M weather strip adhesive and they fit great. I can run a drill in the center for a cable way if need and the seal is very good.

ssdvc

Yup, the new one had caplets. I had to redo the ones on my old 09 and I used those 3/4" plugs. They worked great.

By the way, the new truck is really sweet. I had a little minor surgery a week or so back, but I'll probably get around to posting about it tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks