• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Rubber seals and such...Good Vendors?

Asmoday

Where is everyone picking up there weatherstripping and seals these days for items like the seals for the rear shell, door seals, windows, etc. for the M1009?

Best quality as well...:)

Thanks!

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you're doing the seals around the top, here's a cheater:
Classic Parts. Here are the four seals:
01-817 (1976-91) Blazer - Body Side Seal - Le1 $29.95
01-818 (1976-91) Blazer - Body Side Seal - Ri1 $29.95
01-813 (1976-91) Blazer - Upper Header Seal -1 $34.95
01-814 (1976-91) Blazer - Upper Header Seal -1 $29.95

Infidelm1009

Just went to The Truck Shop in the city of orange to pick up parts for my 66 Chevy and found out that they have a parts catalog for 73-87 full size Chevy trucks and 73-91 blazer and suburbans

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most of the vendors that offer replacement rubber for these trucks procure the stuff from Chinese repop manufacturers. The window channels seem to work OK, however the vent window rubber and windshield rubber is way too big. The only way to make the windshield rubber work is to cut it in two and remove approximately 4 inches, placing the joint at the bottom center. When I restored my M1028, I did not want a joint which could possibly leak, so I searched online and found a new OEM old-stock rubber from an obsolete parts vendor. This GM windshiled rubber fit perfectly. Regarding the vent windows, I fooled around with trying to replace the rubber for about a week, and finally threw the things in the dumpster. I wound up purchasing new GM OEM vent window assemblies from one of the obsolete parts vendors which specialize in such parts. I believe I posted these GM part numbers soewhere in my rebuild thread.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

lindyp38

my lmc truck windshield rubber is to big......im concerned about cutting the seal up.......do u have that contact info for the correct seal? thanks mario

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks