• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Running Cold

rnd-motorsports

You want the temp gauge in the front driver side you can remove the sender if you like that sending unit is for the temp light only the pass rear unit is the glow plug temp sender. the thermostat sensor side should point into the crossover pipe the stock on is 195 even then just put a new on and only get 180 steady with a auto meter gauge installed and that drops about 5/10 deg. if I have heat on high the 6.2 with the larger rad. really run cool to start with

k1ccp

WVO Tank

How did the WVO tank work? Did you get it up to temp? I am do the exact same thing and would love to know if it worked on yours first

pinbill

Hello-

I ended up killing my IP with the grease pretty quickly and have since decided to change directions for the project. I am going to build a still and brew biodiesel so the pump doesn't keep dying. Some people have claimed to have good luck running wvo but I am not so sure. I run a lot of WVO in my mercedes 300d and have some knowledge, if you want to call send me a pm and I will give you my number. Good Luck,

Bill

pinbill

My system is pretty legit and it killed the IP quick. It is a two tank, coolant heated custom wvo tank with hose in hose fuel line all the way to fuel selector valve. I just don't know what I could do to get the grease hotter. I thought about looking for a different IP maybe a heavy duty inline one like on the early 80s mercedesl but that seems like a pain. So I am going to stick to WVO in my Benz and then rig the existing two tank system to switch between biodiesel and regular diesel. I am going to have to learn to brew bio. Stay tuned!

grayw0lf

I'm currently maintaining about 165F at the solenoid.

I'm going to add another electric heater between the solenoid & the IP. The idea behind it is to heat up the diesel before the IP, so that cold diesel doesn't cool off the heated oil @ switch over. The IP itself holds a good 4-9oz.

Currently I'm switching on/off for about 10 seconds @ a time for about 3 cycles to gently mix the oil/diesel.