• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 running rough

kcbbqguru

my m1009 starts and run great for a few miles, then starts acting like it's running out of fuel. sometimes it dies, and if i turn off the key and start it again, it runs fine?? is it the injector pump or do I have something wrong with the fuel tank? truck has a bout 115 k on it

Chaski

20151104_083806_zpsvraq7fub.jpg

Is there a little metal tag with the letter E stamped on it under one of the three screws that holds your injection pump cover on?

Metal "E" tag = newer style governor weight retainer. No tag = old style retainer that urethane ring falls apart and does fun things inside your pump.

Tag is sitting on top of cardboard box for reference

Last edited:

CUCVLOVER

It might be a dirty fuel tank. The sloshing from moving causes stuff to get on the sock and restrict fuel flow. Then when the engine dies or you shut it down the stuff falls off the sock and fuel flow is ok again.
When did you last change the fuel filter?

kcbbqguru

It might be a dirty fuel tank. The sloshing from moving causes stuff to get on the sock and restrict fuel flow. Then when the engine dies or you shut it down the stuff falls off the sock and fuel flow is ok again.
When did you last change the fuel filter?
Fuel filter changed 7-11-15

CUCVLOVER

Is the filter base a stock one?
If it is try bypassing it just to make sure its not something with the filter head.
Then work up to the expensive stuff.
I almost changed my IP and a spin on filter solved my issue.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you bleed all of the air out of your fuel lines after replacing the filter? Have you recently started driving the truck a lot? If so, it's possible that the spooge in the bottom of the tank got stirred up and pumped in to your fuel filter.