• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 rust repair

dstang97

I have searched and can’t find any pictures of floor pan replacement. I’m looking for pictures of the floors panels installed under the seats and right behind the seats. Anyone have any Picts or a good link to a thread?

cucvrus

The replacement panels are not going to be a direct fit. The bends and impressions differ from the original design. At best you must cut and fit the floor. May I recommend removing or at least raising the body from the frame. Removal would be better to access both sides. DSCF5649 (1).JPGDSCF5647.JPG

D6T

For what it’s worth...

Not sure of your level of skill or access to skilled persons such as Rick.

I don’t know how to weld and don’t know anyone who does. And my wife certainly wouldn’t approve of spending the money to hire someone when I could learn a repair myself.

When it came time to replace parts of my M1009 floor, I bought sheet steel and got guidance from a knowledgeable person. I took measurements and cut the steel accordingly. I then made a template of sorts with cardboard and did initial shaping/bending using a ball peen hammer, with the steel in a bench vise. I followed up with laying the steel in the truck and shaping with a stiff rubber wedge and hammer until the contours were perfect. I then drilled staggered holes and used thick steel rivets to join the metal. Filled in any gaps with polyurethane caulk, primed, and then coated with bed liner. It’s held up well for a couple years, even looking good from the bottom (also sanded and coated).

cucvrus

I have an M1009 tub sitting here in rough shape. Surprised the floors are still decent not all but most parts. I want to scrap the entire tub in a few months. Not sure it is worth your time but they can be yours.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks