• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 side windows

Milkman357

Airflow..

Speaking of Airflow..

If you don't have a fan mounted on that old radio mount, on the dash, you AINT living!

Having the fan helps greatly, especially in stop and go traffic..

I've been thinking about a second fan, for the passengers...

The second fan would also help with the de-fogging on soggy days...

richingalveston

zimc chromate primer

For those wanting to paint their alluminum sliders, or any alluminum. The best primer you can get is

zinc chromate. it comes in rattle cans but can be expensive. I have seen cans range from 12.50 a can to 49.00 a can for the same stuff.

I have an alluminum boat and I used it to paint new parts that I added.
If you lightly sand the alluminum the primer will hold better.

I had large areas to paint on my boat so I had it lightly swept with sand blaster.
The zinc chromate primer is toxix, use propper personal protective equipment

This primer will make any paint hold to alluminum.

I think the sliders look good and much more like stock when they are painted black.

Just passing the info along

richingalveston

lmc slider windows

has anyone use the lmc slider windows. they appear to be all rubber without the alluminum, or the alluminum appears to be incased by the rubber.

would like sliders but also like the factory look. The LMC slider windows appear to look very similar to non-slider window.

anyone have any experience with these. (they are expensive)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks