• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 slant back top

jdeoliveira74

Has anyone done one?

Would look great with a single 'brace' in the center to give it a hmmwv style look.

Using a scrap top would certainly be step one, if nothing less at least for the section that bolts to the back of the cab. Trimming it so it has a one inch 'overhang' to prevent wind/water penetration.
I've seen a couple photos with just a peice of canvas (no framing) snapped all the way around. Doesn't look to bad, but I think tie-downs would look more MV then snaps.

Dying to take the top off come spring, but I need something for rainy days .... or maybe just some webbed seats ...
you would need to have glass made for the sides and new rubber window seals. It would be cool for sure. Carbon fiber would be the way to go but real expensive!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks