• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Snowzilla edition

Hasdrubal

Well I watched the vid, waiting for the 3 feet of snow. How did you measure that? I didn't see anything near that. Once the diff and axle starts dragging in the snow..its game over.

WatchDawg

going off measurments by offical sources..26.5 ish ..count in snow drifts, and plow spots +/- 10 giving me the benefit of the doubt...at the highest was 3ft...

http://www.weather.gov/lwx/pnsmap?type=snow

it was all powder for the most part and just kept going and didn't stop to make sure i didn't lose momentum

I did get stuck once, when it was too high, but the winch pulled me free :p

Last edited:
We plow with our m1009 it's amazing. Best plow vehicle on the mountain. Everyone else runs pickups with poor turning radius, reappearance and not geared as well. We 're geared to 4.10's and it's been AMAZING! I drive all over the mountains with it on stuff that makes my wife close her eyes.

I exploded my rear diff though so I upgraded to a full float 14 bolt. Will do a Dana 60 up front when time and money allow. Lost some clearance on that so there goes that. Shaving the 14 bolt seems like to much money for me.

Anyway great plow trucks, consider some ballast in the rear if you plow with her. I think the only thing the did wrong on these beautiful old trucks is gearing (3.08) and axles (should have done Dana 60 and 14 bolt full floaters). The 208 cases are nice but a twin stick 205 is robust and sexy.

Great photos and glad your giving the old girl some good use.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks