• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 spare rim?

acmunro

If you aren't worried about being visually correct any 1/2 ton 4X4 from 73 to 87 (up to 91 on Blazers and 1/2 ton Suburbans) should work. The newer 1/2 tons have the same bolt pattern but the center hole is smaller, the lug holes are larger, and the offset is different. I would avoid those. If you were closer I have a bunch here. Good luck.

91W350

I bought one for ten dollars last week from a guy that was crushing a few trucks. I plan to go over today and see if he has softened up any, if so, maybe I'll snag a couple more. Shipping would be the killer part though. Glen

a68cudas

If you aren't worried about being visually correct any 1/2 ton 4X4 from 73 to 87 (up to 91 on Blazers and 1/2 ton Suburbans) should work. The newer 1/2 tons have the same bolt pattern but the center hole is smaller, the lug holes are larger, and the offset is different. I would avoid those. If you were closer I have a bunch here. Good luck.
what would be the visually correct version? any years or other chevy gm models that had same rims as m1009?

AJMBLAZER

You want a 15x8 steel rally wheel. Only difference between the civilian version and the CUCV version was CARC paint and no fancy Chrome trim ring or center cap.

Don't let someone tell you they're worth money either, I sold four for $25 last fall after months of trying to sell them.

acmunro

what would be the visually correct version? any years or other chevy gm models that had same rims as m1009?
The "correct" wheel is kind of an odd ball. It is just a plain wheel but it is 8" wide. Most plain wheels of that era are only 7" wide.
I think those measurements are right.

The rally wheel is the right width but it is a different design. I have some rallys on my M1009 right now because they were already mounted up on some tires I bought. (I didn't use the trim rings or centers its bad enough they are silver)

Other years or models that had the same rim as the M1009 - Not a clue on that one.