• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 speedometer woes

SteveUK

:???:Hi,
Steve from England here. I have a 1985 M1009. The speedometer gear (transfer case end) is badly worn leaving the speedo inoperable.
A gear was ordered but was not the correct one when it arrived. I have been told by a large US spare parts distributor here in the UK that the part I need is no longer available.
They suggest using a Jeep speedometer gear (18 teeth instead of 15) which they say would fit but it would change the speed reading on the gauge.
Any ideas please on this one guys?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What color of gear do you have currently? How many teeth? If a stock one can not be found there are some aftermartket gears available

SteveUK

What color of gear do you have currently? How many teeth? If a stock one can not be found there are some aftermartket gears available
Hi Warthog,
Thanks for your input on this. It is not the gear, effectively at the end of the speedo cable drive (blue or yellow with 41 or 44 teeth?), but the gear which turns that INSIDE the transfer case.

Steve

SteveUK

Hi Pete,
As above to Warthog and thanks. Do you think this is the kind of item which Hillbilly Wizard might have broken from a transfer case?

Steve

PETE BALLARD

hi pete,
as above to warthog and thanks. Do you think this is the kind of item which hillbilly wizard might have broken from a transfer case?

Steve
it cannot hurt to ask the hillbilly wizzard, this company is one of our vender/members here in steel soldiers forum. John is a great guy and has alot of cucv stuff. You can find contact info in the vender area. I would bet he has what you need

SteveUK

Hi Pete, and Warthog,

Here is the little swine - as you can see the outside helical gear is almost gone! I have contacted John at Hillbilly Wizard on your advice.
Thanks for your help and hopefully I can get my Blazer rolling again!
Steve

speedo 002.jpg

SteveUK

Hi Pete and Warthog,
John at Hillbilly Wizard came good and I now have two speedo sleeves (one spare). It is being fitted and hopefully my Blazer will get on the road, I can get it to my place and start playing with it.
Thanks for the recommendations from SS members.
Steve

PETE BALLARD

hi pete and warthog,
john at hillbilly wizard came good and i now have two speedo sleeves (one spare). It is being fitted and hopefully my blazer will get on the road, i can get it to my place and start playing with it.
Thanks for the recommendations from ss members.
Steve
glad you are back in the driving position!!!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks