• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 start up isues

alltheway82nd

okay here goes here is where Im at I have an M1009 that has been sitting for a year or maybe two...dont know anything from PO(vehicle was bought from an estate) What it will do cranks but needs a shot of starting fruid to run..once its running it sounds good..What ive done I changed the fuel filter and the solonoid next to the master cylinder and put new ac delco glow plugs...and it has new batteries...I ran it and cracked the injector lines one at a time and the engine changed tone and I got fuel so I know it is getting there...The wait light comes on and goes out no click heard and it will start back up fine until it sits a few hours then cranks no start..have a new fuel pump I will put it on tomorrow..if any one has any tips on what else to check too I am ready any guidance

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your glowplug system needs to be checked out. Many threads in the CUCV Helpful Threads sticky and the TM 9-2320-289 tech manual.

NEVER user starting fluid on a diesel with glow plugs unless you know for sure the system is disabled. If not you may find a nice window in the side of the block.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks