• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 starter problems

86cucv

my m1009 will start sometimes and then other times i turn the key and i get nothing all the lights come on but no start, but if i keep turning the key it will start. I check the the starter relay and everytime i turn the key the relay click and i checked the purple/white wire when turning the key and it gets power.

My other question is my gen 2 light stays on at idle but goes out when i give it gas and the comes back on at idle and my vot gauge reads in the yellow at idle but when i rev up the enging it barely goes into the green. everything was working fine i have had the alternators and starter rebuilt and i am still having problems.

Boxdoc1960

My gen2 light stays on when I first start as well. Once it's up to speed she turns off and stays off. The volt meter also just goes just into the green. It doesn't seem to be a problem. I'm not sure which is which but one Gen charges one battery and one charges both. Go to the CUCV forum and click on the FAQ articles.

Cucv - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

At the back of the Intermediate maintenance manual are all the electrical schematics.

Hope this helps.:-D