• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Starting Question

Wetbehindears

Hey Guys,

Okay, been dealing with this for awhile now and I need some guidance. After truck has been sitting for awhile, go out, let glow plugs warm (yes I have tested and they are working and rather new). Turn key, truck fires up and immediately dies. IF you give enough throttle she will stay running, but if she dies...you gotta let her sit for an hour before she will start again. Kinda reminds me of my old weedeater. If she dies, you can crank and crank and most of the time, she will not start until she sits awhile. Then, its the same process all over again. Oh, and once she starts, no hesitation, nothing...runs great.
Thoughts?

Big69C20 Toy

I'd check the wiring on things. Shutoff solenoid engergizing then popping out could do something like that. Should get 9+ volts on that solenoid with key in on position on the pink wire.
Check for voltage on that solenoid in key off, on, start and during your 'fireup then die' cycle.
Just my 2cents but i'm fighting my own gremlins in wiring... so a grain o salt.