• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Stereo Install

taylordc15

Built everything out of MDF and then carpeted it. The amps are in the center console, makes it easy to pull everything out. Over kill for a CUCV but a friend sold his Viper and gave me a deal on all the audio components in it.

Attachments

taylordc15

I payed to have it installed, I didn't feel confident enough to do it myself and at the time it was my daily driver so I didn't want it out of service for weeks. Total mistake the shop took a couple of weeks to do it and it came in at almost double there estimate, also was not happy with their attention to detail, I have ended up correcting their sloppy work. As to how it works, if you don't install some kind of insulation it's not worth it. The AC just cant keep up with the heat. I had already rhino lined the inside of my truck and haven't come up with anyway to put insulation in, I did tint my windows and that helped a little but I spend more time with the windows down than I do with the AC on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks