• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 stranded, smoke from wire, will not turn over.

ajsmith184

What is that wire I am looking at in the first pic? Trying to access the TMs but hard on my phone. It did start after it cooled down Help please :(

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Smoking from this wire in the first pic, When looking around I noticed the wire in the 2nd pic was disconnected. Help please! Not sure what to look at. Need to get to chicago.
Which wire, there are a LOT of wires in the first picture ????

ryan77

The one in the 2nd pic goes to the buss bar originally but looks like your 24volt to 12volt resistor has been bypassed and that the wire originally on the out sode of the resistor now goes to 12 volt buss.

ryan77

I would cut that crimp connection out solder and shrink tube the wires! Those crimp joints are junk!

MarcusOReallyus

I would cut that crimp connection out solder and shrink tube the wires! Those crimp joints are junk!

Yes, they are!

When done with K-Mart connectors using K-Mart tools, by someone who can't pay attention to details.

Done correctly, they are every bit as good as soldered connections, and a whale of a lot better than badly done solder connections.

Crimp connections are mil-spec in a ton of applications where soldering is not permitted. There's a reason for that.

ryan77

Yes, they are!

When done with K-Mart connectors using K-Mart tools, by someone who can't pay attention to details.

Done correctly, they are every bit as good as soldered connections, and a whale of a lot better than badly done solder connections.

Crimp connections are mil-spec in a ton of applications where soldering is not permitted. There's a reason for that.
I was referring to the k Mart type his truck had! Not a millspec or a quality one! lol

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That connector was on the main 12v for the truck. If it goes bad nothing will work.

AECS

If something fried the fusable link or any fuse for that matter, you need to identify it and correct it. Whatever condition blew them will continue to do so until rectified. Short across a load or to ground.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks