• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Stripped and left for dead.

cucvrus

I have posted a hint of this M1009 in the past. this was an M1009 that I was rebuilding and had just started the build by getting the engine running a rebuilt injection pump, transmission and a complete new exhaust system front to back. The exhaust is all stock as is the injection pump. During the early part of the build I replaced the rocker panels and fixed the holes in the body where the antenna brackets were. It was about 2004 I think. I had a guy stop by for some work on a snow plow and he and his Son became interested in the M1009. They wanted to buy it and were persistent. I gave them a figure as it was a complete running M1009 with about 52K on the clock. We struck a deal and they were the new owners. I knew where they lived from passing and seeing it setting out. The plan they had was to make a lifted rig with it. As I seen it and told them they were wasting a valuable vehicle. But NOT mine anymore came to mind. Years went by and I seen a public auction sign in the yard. It was a rural area with out buildings. I did a preview of the property with a friend of mine that was interested in making the investment. In the back garage we found the M1009 stripped of all unbolt able body parts and all glass, roof, just the complete tub with running gear all in tact. DSCF7474 (1).JPGDSCF7475 (1).JPGDSCF7476 (1).JPGDSCF7477 (1).JPGAfter asking around no one knew what happened to the parts and they were not with the truck. Fact was they never went to the notary and did any transfer. I had a title search done and it was still in my name. This happened a few years back and my friend eventually bought the property and theM1009 is still setting inside. I started it and ran it. I was told the parts were sold for candy money. I did find some more out about the project coming to a halt over financial issues. The M1009 has real live Ivy Camouflage growing on it. Well I have work to do I will post more later. I am going to move this truck to my barn when I get the barn project complete. DSCF7489.JPGDSCF7490.JPGDSCF7491.JPG This weeks heat and rain have slowed me down a bit. Take Care and Be Safe. More progress coming soon. I have this M1009 scheduled after Little Red as my final project. We'll see how that goes.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
First time You saved it was good, second time will be even better.
I did read that which you wrote
I remember selling the silver coins and indian head coins for Cokes and candy

Saberr

lol exactly what i though ehupert. Well at least cucv won't have to worry about all the extra parts and fendors laying around and clogging his barn up when the current last project is done. He can now bolt it all back on to this one. I think it works out awasome, one more project with no time line that will actualy provide more space by using whats left.

cucvrus

Too bad I have much more parts stored. At the end I will just offer all the parts up for sale in a lump sum. So anyone looking for a package deal on CUCV parts. That day will be coming.

Saberr

Lol i was just talking to a hermit i know, he just offered me a package deal of two titled m1009s for 3k, all glass broke and missing some parts (vandals), almost tempting, but i don't want to ( or have the space) to follow in cucvrus foot steps. They would be great place for all those lump parts to go to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks