• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 suppressor

LAM Problems

Hi guys! Thank you for all your informations. Finally, I think, it's just the batteries that aren't powerful enough. Which batteries would you advise me to install?

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
6TAGM or group 31 for a lower price, red tops are also a option

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi guys! Thank you for all your informations. Finally, I think, it's just the batteries that aren't powerful enough. Which batteries would you advise me to install?
yes if you can find the 6t batteries over there that is the stock designed replacement choice but if not the group 31s will work fine for sure...which brand is over there I have no idea so you'd have to research that for what's available...the 6t is very available here though!! I couldn't imagine what it would cost to ship some to France!!

Last edited:

cucvrus

Stock designed was the AC Delco 1111
ACDelco Battery 1111 | O'Reilly Auto Parts

I just want to keep that straight. The trays were made to accommodate the Military 6 TL batteries but all CUCV's left the factory with the A C Delco 1111 maintenance free batteries. I bought 9 year old trucks that still had the original batteries in them back in the day. Unmolested and like brand new inside and out.

vanaisa

Lam, i bought for my 1009 standard 100AH 850A (303x175x227mm) batteries. They both fit to rear battery holder, in this way i have more room under bonnet. No problems, last morning was -1C, car started like in summer.

LAM Problems

Thank you all. Yes in France, it's difficult to find 6t or Group 31 batteries but I have found two batteries in 12V 120Ah and 1000A.
I hope the batteries will hold. Because actually I have two 12V 95Ah 720A but if I don't use my M1009 during 1 week, the rear battery falls at 5V. What do you think about that? Are these batteries too low or have we a consumption? I am out with this problem and nobody can help me in France.

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On a 1000 amp hour batteries is that CCA?
Also I would leave batteries totally disconnected and check those voltages Before connecting them after that week, it sounds like there might be some kind of parastilic draw on your rear battery possibly.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks