• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Tailgate Seal

Russm

I seem to be missing a seal on my tailgate for the access panel on the inside. I'm getting water leaking in during rain, might be because of this.

#5 on the attached picture but it says suburban. But sure looks like a blazer tailgate. There is no seperate section for blazer tail gates that I can find.

Will it still fit for me?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Barrman

LMC does have a listing for the tail gate seal under Blazer if you look at the page titled for removable top models. #11 on that page.

However, the best way to get the right part is to look in the TM ending with -20P or -34P. That gives you the exact GM part number for what you want. Then just do a search for that part and you will have the correct one you are searching for.

cucvrus

You shouldn't get rain leaking in thru the access panel unless you have it under water. The upper glass seal, gate seal and roof seal should be sealing that area. That is a 4" void between the outer skin of the gate and the inner removable panel. It has flanges on both the gate and the panel. I can't see how that would leak. Good Luck. I found that was just sort of an anti- rattle material and not really a seal. it is not even enough to provide a water tight seal. And the screw holes no good for being water tight.

Russm

You shouldn't get rain leaking in thru the access panel unless you have it under water. The upper glass seal, gate seal and roof seal should be sealing that area. That is a 4" void between the outer skin of the gate and the inner removable panel. It has flanges on both the gate and the panel. I can't see how that would leak. Good Luck. I found that was just sort of an anti- rattle material and not really a seal. it is not even enough to provide a water tight seal. And the screw holes no good for being water tight.
Tha ks, it's been a headache for a while. Finally trying to fix

cucvrus

You could use a foam seal that you buy at Home Depot. I am pretty sure that is not where the water is coming in. Also look in the bottom of the gate and make sure your breather drain holes are clean and free of debris. I had a few that were full of shattered glass and the remnants of the side glass guide material, pine needles and other debris. The rear gate and window mechanism is a crude design but can be made to be reliable with minimal maintenance and keeping things clean and well greased. No spray lubes will do it. Good old grease and motor oil. Good Luck.

Russm

All the trees started shedding pollen and then we got a heavy rain. I was able to see some pollen tracks on the inside of the truck. I think the problem was the antenna wire grommets on either side of the top. (The water just happened to pool by the tailgate) I saw someone's idea to use chair leg caps to seal the hole better.

Just waiting for more heavy rain to verify the problem is fixed.

nyoffroad

You could use a foam seal that you buy at Home Depot. I am pretty sure that is not where the water is coming in. Also look in the bottom of the gate and make sure your breather drain holes are clean and free of debris. I had a few that were full of shattered glass and the remnants of the side glass guide material, pine needles and other debris. The rear gate and window mechanism is a crude design but can be made to be reliable with minimal maintenance and keeping things clean and well greased. No spray lubes will do it. Good old grease and motor oil. Good Luck.
The only spar lube I use is some silicone spray for sliding windows, I use on the window channel felts and it helps them go up easier.

Russm

Found the source finally. Happened to be sitting in there when a deluge started. The seals between the top and the sides of the bed. Temporary fix for now. After I'm done moving I'll do it properly.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Reactions: D6T
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks