• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Tailgate weatherstripping

Well, it's looking to be an active monsoon season out here in NM, and I can't park in the carport all the time, so.... Anyone know where I can pick up weatherstripping for the M1009? I need the piece that seals the tailgate around the bed and sides, and the piece that seals around the glass at the very least. Once I have those, I can start in on finding all the other places I'm leaking.

Long-term, the plan is to prime everything from the tailgate forward to the firewall and shoot Line-X or Rhinoliner on it. But it's still nice to have everything sealed, keeps the tools dry.

Armada

Heres another link. http://classicindustries.com/ I have had good luck with them.
LMC uses a lot of offshore produced products (who doesn't anymore), that said, I have had to return parts I have ordered from them in past due to ill fit, very poor quality, etc. They have always taken things back, but it gets to be a big PITA. The last piece that had to go back was the weatherstrip between cab top and topper on a 1009. It was 5" too short. Buy OEM if you can.

Michael

That stuff sure seems pricey. To replace all of it will run you over $200.00. Anybody check with GM to see what OEM cost?

Michael

OEM parts, if still available, will almost always be higher priced
Sure, but if OEM is only a little higher, say $250 to $300, then I would rather have the OEM. I mean if you have to pay out the a$$, why not have the real thing?

I would bet that it is no longer available from GM, they don't seem to be too interested in keeping their older stuff on the road.

Michael

I found these on GM parts direct: The part numbers or from the TM. Nothing came back on the part #358593 for the seal in the top.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com

Search Results of Available Items
*Prices are Per Unit

GM PART # 326934
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $77.20
OUR PRICE: $47.37 (LMC's price is 49.95)

DESCRIPTION: W/STRIP A
GM PART # 327005
GM LIST: $33.65
OUR PRICE: $20.64 (LMC'c price is 29.95 for inner and outer)

DESCRIPTION: SEAL
GM PART # 327006
GM LIST: $33.65
OUR PRICE: $20.64

Michael,
Those part numbers were exactly what I was looking for - I'm going to take a list down to the (st|d)ealer on Monday and see what they want to charge me. I might be able to fix their computers again and get some free parts in trade :D

Well, I went down to the local dealer today - their prices are about double what GMPartsDirect charges. Interestingly enough, they didn't have anything for part number 358593 either.

Jetnoise400

The problem with GM Parts Direct is that they may have an attractive price, but once they hit you with their service charge and shipping, you're not getting much of a deal anymore.

At least that's been my experience.

Michael

You could try the other dealers within driving distance. The amount of markup varies from dealer to deale or so I have been toldr. Were they asking full list were you tried? I have never ordered anything from GM direct so I don't know about hidden charges.

Hmmm, if GMpartsdirect has hidden fees, I may give LMC a try, or the other one that's up there. I've had horrible luck with anything from JCWhitney fitting properly.

Jetnoise400

Well, the GM Parts Direct fees aren't really hidden as you'll see them added on when you check out. But they don't appear until you start to finalize your order.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks